Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The NOM Spin Doctrine

I just received this email from the National Organization for Marriage -
I thought I had heard and seen it all, but the radicals reached a new low yesterday in Madison, Wisconsin. NOM and its supporters gathered peacefully in Madison to pray for marriage and to stand in support of marriage remaining a sacred union between men and women. 
We were honored to have Bishop Robert Morlino of the Diocese of Madison address the crowd. Bishop Morlino spoke of the need to love one another even as we disagree on the issue of same-sex marriage. Yet when he led the crowd in the Lord’s Prayer, the gay marriage radicals screamed and booed him. 
This is the face of intolerance. Isn’t it something when people who so loudly demand tolerance from everybody else, show such intolerance for those who simply wish to pray to God for the preservation of His sacred institution?
Compare this, my friends with what the video that NOM gave actually shows. I dont hear screaming or booing...instead I hear chanting, and pretty orderly chanting at that. 




What the people of NOM fail to realize is that we are not anti-religion, we are anti religion being used to enforce outdated and hateful rhetoric.  Though I would agree with NOM that the gay marriage supporters at least one protest, the one in Providence, Rhode Island, did not demonstrate tact; the fact that the people in Wisconsin did what they did was completely acceptable. Those at NOM demand respect when "praying", but we should only give them that respect once they give us the respect of civil equality.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God's blessings too you. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails